What is DEAL?
The context and or background to the DEAL Project is the deficit in entrepreneurship digital skills identified by the EU Commission, the associated unemployment statistics and the opportunity presented by digitalisation, especially in the area of developing self employment - entrepreneurship opportunities in particular for the older, rural female worker. DEAL supports especially vulnerable target users who are preparing for the unavoidable impact of digitalisation. External global drivers of change such as rapidly changing technologies, globalisation, climate change and urbanisation will have significant impacts on enterprises nationally and at a European level.
The objectives of the project education and training programme are to provide Target Users with the necessary knowledge, skills and competence to reach the level of empowerment enabling them to take advantage of digitalisation for the purpose of developing self-employment entrepreneurship opportunities. Dissemination and Valorisation of the project products and results are also key objectives with a target of over 150,000 set.
There will be a number of methodologies employed in the DEAL Project including:
- A democratic inclusive partnership style to Project Management.
- An adult education pedagogic approach to programme management, design, development and delivery, which respects the knowledge and experience and actual circumstances of the learners and puts their needs at the centre.
- A common methodology and framework for mapping purposes.
- A technological methodology that places ease of navigation, information retrieval and accessibility to the fore having in mind at all stages the need to build digital and entrepreneurial self confidence in the learner.
- A methodology committed to the free flow of information and resources on a continuous basis into the future so as to benefit people and organisations not originally involved with the Project.